This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Digital Preinfusion sticker peeling

I received my L-R end of Aug/early sept and its been great. I've been playing around with the pre-infusion settings for the coffees I've been drinking and noticed that the sticker that covers the buttons and screen has slowly peeled back. I wasn't able to find the part for sale but I was also curious if anyone else has had this happen. It seems just cosmetic but it is a bit of a bummer each time I open up the side to adjust things and have to push the sticker down so the buttons are easy to press again.

Comments

• agreed. its really poor. remind me when i send you the wireless dongle next month and ill make sure one is included. reiss.
  • Sounds good. Thanks Reiss!

Also, wow that was a super fast reply!
  • i haven't been receiving the email notifications when posts are made since we migrated to this new distributed server, but today kelsey has it working again, so the replies are more timely now. reiss.
  • Reiss, I'm having the same problem on my LR, also delivered in September. Are the ones that you have using a different adhesive?

I'm debating if I should just remove it and lose the guide from the stickers, but if its providing some sort of safety seal for the buttons I'd hate to lose that function.
  • hi there

if you have a machine with a peeling sticker on the pressure transducer console can you please reply below so i can pass some numbers back to the factory

kind regards

reiss.
  • Fellow L-R owners Jan van der Weel and Tije de Jong here in Amsterdam told me they have the issue.

Tije first thought he could better pull off the sticker but then the display tends to fall inwards, so he stuck it back on best as he could ;-)
  • Mine looks a bit different from Andrew Nguyen's picture.
    The sticker on my unit is transparent, the print is underneath.
    It looks like the temporary protective cover you get on a new phone.
    Maybe it's supposed to be peeled off, but when I did remove it, I noticed the little green screen was a bit loose.
    The unit still works fine, but to be sure, I put the sticker back again . . . .

• Mine is peeling.
  • Jan has meanwhile clarified that his sticker was peeling a bit but mostly was stuck on 5mm too high so the display was hard to read. He took the sticker off and re-attached it properly and now it's fine, he says, no need to replace: