This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

LONDINIUM wireless espresso

1234568»

Comments

• I connect from both my phone and my iPad, without any trouble. But that’s only a single machine. Seems to work fine that way.
  • Hi Anita

thank you for taking the time to report back, thats great news

just Christos to get connected now

kind regards

reiss.
  • Indeed, works on 2 phones!

• Yes! I am too now I am using the same log in details as Ian is using! Phew!

So, to summarise. My App is working perfectly. I achieved this by using a single band, 2.4GHz WiFi extender positioned 5m from my L-R. I did not use a cable extension for the dongle, and the panels are on.

Thanks again for all advice :-)
  • Hi Reiss, sorry for the radio silence, just waiting till tomorrow when I'm switching to the new internet provider. If the faster internet and new modem fix it I will report back. If not, I will try the ribbon cable and as a next step the wifi extender. Will keep you all posted, but feeling positive about it!
  • I haven’t had any luck getting my dongle past stage 2 of the connection point. I’ve proceeded past the “londinium wants to connect” phase, but I am always hung up on the “waiting for device” step. I’ve also got an ankuoo smart plug that similarly requires 2.4ghz WiFi channel, and this is plugged in some 8 inches away from the espresso machine. I can’t imagine there is much of a difference in signal strength from this distance. I’ve tried downloading the app on different devices, I’ve attempted holding the button down at every possible phase of the install. Not sure where to go from here. When the dongle arrived it was sort of squished but intact. Not sure how hard it would be to damage the internals?
  • hi kyle

if you have 2 phones, or a phone and a tablet please FaceTime or WhatsApp me and i am confident that we can get it working

kind regards

reiss.
  • Sorry to say mine has been offline since June 1st. I have rebooted everything and it still hasn’t reconnected. I am at a loss as to what to try next - it WAS working from the day we fitted the extender, for a few days at least and I thought that was it, we’d cracked it!
    Do you think there is any possibility of the dongle being at fault, Reiss?
  • Since installing the ribbon extension almost a week ago I’ve had zero connectivity issues. It’s worked as expected every time I open the app. My original issue was if I had the side panel off I could connect and stay connected without any issues, but if I put the side panel back on I would immediately lose connection. Installing the ribbon extension and mounting the dongle behind my machine solved this issue.

So if your experience seems to mirror mine (works without side panel on and loses connection with side panel on) I’d strongly urge you to try the ribbon extension. It’s less than $10, allows you to still have the panels installed, and the dongle can be mounted out of sight behind or to the side of the machine.

• Anita Cross post=16892 wrote: Sorry to say mine has been offline since June 1st. I have rebooted everything and it still hasn’t reconnected. I am at a loss as to what to try next - it WAS working from the day we fitted the extender, for a few days at least and I thought that was it, we’d cracked it!
    Do you think there is any possibility of the dongle being at fault, Reiss?

hi there

for sure it is possible, but unlikely. by the end of this week i think we will have cleared the back log of open orders for dongles

once we achieve that i am happy to send you another dongle to try

in the meantime i suggest that you delete any and all 'devices' (LRs) from the app if you find yourself in that situation and create a new 'device' (LR) on the app

if the app does not automatically connect the machine click on the link that gives you the opportunity to connect manually

from there (if you are on an iOS device) step back up through the Settings menu until you get back up to the wifi settings

once you are there you will see the wifi network that your phone is connected to (with a tick beside it from memory) and below that you will see the londinium dongle somewhere in the list; select it!

then phone/ipad should then connect to the dongle and if you watch you will then see the software disconnect your phone/ipad from the dongle and reconnect to your wifi network that it is normally connected to and a little notification window will pop up just before or after that occurs saying that a connection was successfully made and then you should be on your way

kind regards

reiss.
  • Update, was meant to switch internet providers last week but engineer couldn't make it until this week. As of yesterday I have brand new fibre-optic internet with super strong router specifically asked to be placed on the same level with the LR at 5m distance with no obstructions. Unfortunately I can't get it to connect however this time the issue is slightly different. I'm only using 2.4ghz network, nothing else connected to it besides my phone and panels off. After going though the app installation steps it connects, gives me a green tick for configuring IP and got waiting for device bit then spends ages on the final check before coming back with 'your device couldn't connect to the network' I've tried approximately 30 time now with full removal of app and dongle with no success.
    Tried again on my old network and router which is still active for a few more days and it connects as before but loses connectivity after 10 min. Surprised I'm getting stuck at a different point this time. Any tips ?
  • hi christos
    are you able to video call me on FaceTime or WhatsApp?

reiss.
  • Finally came round to opening up the LR and installing the dongle.
    Now, following the instructions I very quickly found out that I am missing the QR code of my dongle. There
    was no paper at all inside the package it came in. just ziplocks with dongle, seals and test kit.

How do I obtain the QR code?

I can connect to the wifi hotspot that the dongle makes, but then the Blynk app doesn't help at all....

Is it a sequrity risk if I leave the londinium on as a wifi spot, or should I remove the dongle again?

Probably best if I remove it to stop filling the ether with extra wifi traffic (the reason that I dont have high hopes of a wifi iot device working anyway), but there might be a slim chance that it might work in some miraculous way.

Luckily the coffee stays uncompromised!
  • hi jeroen

you do not require a QR code

please download the LONDINIUM app rather than the Blynk app

follow the instructions in the londinium app and please revert with any remaining questions

kind regards

reiss.
  • Ah. So the video at the top of this thread is no longer the correct procedure?

Also, I found the app, but it has a different logo and no indication that it is the 'official' app of
    your company. As I am using android, I am a bit wary on these kind of details because of the
    amount of garbage apps that float around in the Play store.
  • yes, you are correct; when frans made that video the production version of the app had not been released

what does the londinium app look like in the Android/Google play store?

reiss.
  • I understand exactly where you’re coming from, I followed the video and had the same questions. The instruction sheet is what you really need and in summary, you will press the button on the dongle and it will create a Wi-Fi connection that you will recognize on your phone. You connect that and then use the official Londinium app which looks like this below. Trash the Blynk app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cc.blynk.appexport.londinium

Attached files

• Hi All,

Today I received my wifi dongle, and it seems that I am also having issues. My internet gateway and router is very near to where I have my LR, so I don't think its a signal issue. To be safe, I just ordered a $6 extender that either Reiss or Franz linked from Amazon.

Here is what's going on with mine...

1. Installed the dongle
    2. Turned machine on
    3. I see the green light flashing in the dongle
    4. Pop open the app
    5. Clicked add device - previous to this I renamed my 5ghz network as they shared the same name/pass previous to set up
    6. Confirmed my iPhone was on the 2.4ghz network
    7. Added in my 2.4ghz wifi network to the app
    8. Depressed the dongle button with a ballpoint for 10s
    9. App asked for the phone to connect to the LR Network, I clicked OK
    10, Screen refreshed and showed three status points (configuring wifi, waiting on device , finalizing set up) - or something similar to this.

I get a solid dot on the config wifi, but the app times out after waiting on device for so long.

To test, I will remove all metal panels - but again I am 1GB Fiber and in line of site to the gateway/router

Any suggestions?

Edit: sorry it seems the site as slow to respond when I posted and I posted this three times, feel free to delete the previous two entries.

Edit #2: Tried everything again with the panels off and - no-go.
  • Thanks Reiss, that would be helpful if you can. Not sure what the time difference is but tonight might be tricky for me. Late Friday night UK time could work.
  • hi matt

i suggest you video call me as i am confident that we can get it sorted quickly

kind regards

reiss.
  • Christos Georgiadis post=16910 wrote: Thanks Reiss, that would be helpful if you can. Not sure what the time difference is but tonight might be tricky for me. Late Friday night UK time could work.

hi christos

drop me an email or text perhaps and we'll set a time that works for you

kind regards

reiss.
  • test post
  • test reply
  • another test (sorry subscribers - testing forum speed fixes)
  • Figured I would post here instead of creating a separate thread...

Noticed that I was not able to connect to the machine. Turns out that the dongle had fallen off the socket. I did not have the time to figure out the size of the bolts needed to permanently secure it in place... plus the access is a bit of a pain... Made a temporary fix. Some aluminum support under it and held in place with some 3M double-face tape.

Attached files