This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Machine tripping breaker immediately upon powering on

Have been enjoying my machine over the past year, use it every morning pulling 4-5 shots then powers off on a timer. Without any change to my set-up or electrical in the home the machine started tripping the outlet after being on maybe 10-15 mins. My home has newer electrical so to insure it wasn't a bad gfi or arc fault creating the problem I tried various outlets on different breakers - tripped them all. Now if I try powering on it trips the breaker immediately. Pulled the cover off & had an electrician take a look as well, checked the pressure switch, no sign of water or corrosion or loose screws. My wife is growing more frustrated by the day as I can't make her the coffee she's come to love - please help!

Comments

• Did the electrician do more than take a look? He could physically check the power chord, the plug, the connection of it to the machine, then moving up, disconnecting parts and see if the breaker still trips until he tells you what part it is.

Is it the breaker that detects a (tiny) leak to the ground, or the breaker that stops at maximum current?

Has he checked the heating element?
  • Yeah we checked / tested the cord & heating element. Got on chat with Reiss who is sending pressure switch so hopefully will resolve the issue once it's swapped out, thanks.
  • hi christian

as per our discussion on the live chat on this website i will get a Mater pressure switch heading your way on DHL today

i am confident that will resolve the issue

kind regards

reiss.