This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Puzzling parts for (older) Londinium

This bag of goodies came with my used Londinium (2012 version).
Can someone identify the parts for me, please? Thanks!

Comments

• 4 = apparently a transformer, 110V in, 24V out. If the machine works well now, you won't need it)
    3 = a connection between parts, if it's outside the machine and all is well, don't worry about it.
    2 = some nut bolt and gasket, same no worries.
    1 = Looks like the 'trombone' pipe that was used in the early L1 version 9I should check in a photo I have somewhere). It was fed from a low part of the boiler, went way up (cooling off a bit) then after the 180º turn back down, and into the Heat Exchanger HX which is a brass pipe all the way through the boiler but sealed off from it. The small pipe connects to a small pipe feeding deep into the heat exchanger.

• PS I have these parts which all at one time had some task inside one of my machines ;-)

• I found a few pictures I took years ago when i had one of the first (what was then called) L1. You might recognize some parts.
    Anyway no need to take apart and re-assemble!

• That gives me much better insight, and I do appreciate your taking time to explain everything so well! Thank you again for the help, and for your patience with a new user.

It sounds like I will be keeping these parts in the back of a drawer, then, and not putting them to use (unless something goes amiss in the years ahead)!

(I see glass side panels in the one of the pictures you sent! Wow! Quite lovely!)
  • Terra Banes post=16157 wrote: This bag of goodies came with my used Londinium (2012 version).
    Can someone identify the parts for me, please? Thanks!

hi there

1. is indeed the trombone pipe as identified by frans
    2. some brass boiler fittings
    3. is a non return valve
    4. is transformer as frans says - do you have the luxe version with glass sides?

what would be interesting is to see an image of your machine, in particular with the left hand end panel removed, when viewed from the perspective of the operator

kind regards

reiss.
  • Hi, thanks for your reply! I don’t have the glass panels; however, I will take a picture when I again have the panels off. ( It just may be a bit of a delay, as I have it sitting in a location at the moment that makes it very awkward to get at the back screws!:)
  • Reiss,
    I have taken off the top panel, but not the sides (accessibility problem in current location). Do these give sufficient view? (If not, I will get some help to move the machine to another spot, where I can then access the back & side screws.)
  • hi there

i think that looks good - it looks like a standard build that hasn't been modified

kind regards

reiss.