This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Pump priming L1 (2012 -2016)

Hi all

When using my L1 today the blue light came on for tank filling and there was a gurgling sound. I turned the machine off and checked the tank which was very nearly empty.

Now after filling the tank the pump won’t prime and makes a loud noise. Please can anyone advise how I reprime the pump and also check/repair the low water level alarm which does not appear to be working correctly.

Many thanks

Comments

• hi jed

step one is to make sure you are using the latest set of instructions, which are v1.4, and are available as a PDF to download and print out if you wish from the permanent file

v1.4 instructions provide ample detail on how to prime the pump

step two is to look in the bottom of your water tank and check that you have a 40mm length of 1/2"ID tubing on one of the low water probes. if this is missing it will explain why the tank is running dry before the low water alarm sounds

let me know

kind regards

reiss,
  • Hi Reiss

Thanks for the speedy reply. Having waited a while and retried the pump it has now primed so I guess an airlock has cleared. Coffee making is resumed so crisis over.

I have checked the tank and no tube over the probe so that will explain the alarm fault. Can I order one on the website?

Kind regards

Jed
  • it should have been on there from day 1; ill have to send you one - please email me with address & phone number that you want me to use

if you want immediate protection cut 40mm off your garden hose and push it on

kind regards

reiss.
  • Many thanks Reiss will do. Fantastic support as ever!
  • Hi Reiss

Many thanks for the part and expert advice. All resolved now and working perfectly.

Kind regards

Jed
  • hi jed

thank you for reporting back

kind regards

reiss.