This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Plumb-in question of a different sort

Hi,

I want to plumb in my LR to my RO system (it has light remineralization), but my RO system maxes out at ~2.5 bar system pressure. Hence, I want to retain the LR's digital preinfusion capability and do not want to bypass the pump. I simply don't want to have to refill the water tank. FYI, I have a pressure regulator that I used to reduce system pressure to 2.0 bar to plumb in my previous espresso machine with great success (dual boiler rotary pump-driven machine).

My RO system output is 1/4" tubing, which appears to be the same size as the rotary pump intake. Is there any reason why I could not remove the water tank tube from the pump intake and connect my RO line to the pump intake? This would achieve my goal of not having to refill the tank, while retaining the digital preinfusion capability I want for preinfusing lighter roasts at pressures higher than my RO system pressure.

Thanks!
Lee

Comments

• hi lee

sure, just take care not to starve the pump or you will be in the market for a new pump

kind regards

reiss.