This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

pump switching on/off every 10 seconds for 1 second.

hi,

last weeks I noticed that many times after starting the machine the pump switches on for a very long time (maybe minutes), today the pump starts every 10-12 seconds for 1 second. Suggestions? After making a coffee it starts every 20 seconds, still too much. Could it be that the pressure is lost via the lever? Could an extra cleaning of the lever help?

It would be nice to have a drawing of the inside to know whats what for dummies, and a functional scheme how the electrical parts work.

cheers,

Michiel

Comments

• Hi there

Which model of machine do you have?

Kind regards

Reiss
  • type R

Meanwhile I found the drawing with all the parts.

Michiel
  • model R

I switched on the machine, this time I noticed that water is coming out of the air release valve.

meanwhile I found the drawings.
  • hi michiel

good, that's easily fixed; the boiler has over filled

place a towel folded once, or even twice, under the machine

place a bowl capable of holding 2 litres under the hot water tap on the machine

push the hot water tap into the locked open position

turn the machine on and wait for the boiler to pressurise

water will trickle out of the anti-vac valve a little as the water in the boiler heats and expands, then at some point the anti-vac valve will be pushed up into the closed position and water will stop coming out of the anti-vac valve and rush out of the hot water tap

leave the hot water tap open until the blue light comes on, and with it the pump, to refill the boiler; then close the hot water tap

solved.

not sure if that will solve the issue you originally reported, but it will solve the issue of water flowing out of the anti-vac valve

let me know what happens next

reiss.
  • hi,

the air lock thing is fixed. What remains is that the pump switches on every 25-30 seconds now, for only one second. I thought the pump only switched on to fill the boiler, correct? Not if the pressure is too low?

Maybe not connected with this problem, what is the normal pressure I should have at the manometer?

cheers,

Michiel.
  • hi michiel

i see you purchased your LR in 2017 and have no record of selling you the digital pre-infusion kit, so i am assuming that you still have either a Ceme or Mater mechanical pressure switch regulating the preinfusion pressure

my strong recommendation is that you upgrade to the digital preinfusion kit

if you do not wish to do so then replace the mechanical pressure switch with another Mater

to answer your question about when the pump turns on; there are two circuits, which is why we have a manifold to split the water supply from the pump; one fills the boiler via the inlet solenoid when called upon by the Gicar via a signal from the lever probe, the other when the Mater mechanical pressure switch closes as a result of a drop in pressure in the pre-infusion circuit, which should indicate that the lever has been pulled down to pull a shot

kind regards

reiss.