This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Leak at group junction & broken clip

Hi,
Today I just got leak at top of the group junction, where the top of group is screwed to bottom part .
Does it mean I need to exchange seals or I just should put a new grease?

Also is that normal that seals would leak in 13 month old machine, used usually for 2 coffees daily, turned usually for few hours a day?
It was a first batch of pre-assembled group, that had quality issues (no screws at group etc.),
so there is a chance it somehow affected the lifespan...

Also just moved the machine for cleaning and underneath I found that. It is broken clip and I assume it was for a long time, as I had not moved machine from installation.
What can it be? What does it hold? It measures 29mm, so it hold something big, it felt down in center of machine...

Thanks,
Lukasz

Comments

• hi lukasz

if the group leaks the piston seals need to be replaced

in the permanent file on i think page 4 i have produced 3 very detailed video clips on how to do this

the broken circlip you show above i dont recognise - it could have easily fallen into the machine in the factory

kind regards

reiss.
  • Hi Reiss,
    Yeah the videos are quite detailed, just wonder what is expected lifetime of those seals?
    In addition is it normal to find some scratch marks on one section of the spring?

Few hours ago I opened the group and applied fresh layer of grease, as seals seemed quite pliable. So far seems to work ok, but if it will leak again than I will exchange them.

For the clip I find it very strange and I hope it was not holding anything, just in case I will take a look later...

Thanks,
    Lukasz
  • hi lukasz

the machines and every item we sell is warranted for a period of 12 months

i typically get 15 months from a set of piston and group seals, i do not know of anyone who has had to replace the valve seals in a domestic machine, even 7 years in

kind regards

reiss.
  • Reiss Gunson post=15686 wrote: hi lukasz
    the broken circlip you show above i dont recognise - it could have easily fallen into the machine in the factory
    kind regards
    reiss.

Could this be that this metal clip was holding the water inlet from corpus to tank?

Recently during cleaning I took out the tank and the water inlet jumped out from machine.
    Currently the LR works OK, but each time I took off tank I have to check for this inlet.
  • Lukasz Dziekan post=17193 wrote: during cleaning I took out the tank and the water inlet jumped out from machine.

Do you mean this white/transparent tube?

If so: that is not an "inlet" -- rather it's an "outlet" from the expansion valve back into the water tank. It does not have a clip like the part you found.

• frans is correct, assuming we are all talking about the same thing; that is a drain hose from the expansion valve, not the supply hose from the tank to the pump which can be found connected to the underside of the metal water box carrier and connects directly to the pump inlet

i haven't changed my view that i dont believe that circlip exists on any model of londinium machine

kind regards

reiss.
  • I mean the black inlet in the part that you put the tank in.
    It connects to to water tank. It is shapped as "u". " connected to the underside of the metal water box carrier and connects directly to the pump inlet"

Now it tends to jump out when I take the tank out. What was holding it up?
  • 20200730104705327.pdf

i take it that you are referring to one or more parts on the diagram above

can you please refer to the diagram above and compare it with your machine

if your machine is missing any part please email me referencing the missing part code and confirming that you want me to DHL it/them to the same address that i sent your machine to originally

kind regards

reiss.
  • PIC082G I think is the one that pops out, whereas PIC082GC I guess looks like a broken metal clip I posted photo.

Am I right? If so I will email you later...
  • please send me an email referencing both part codes, and the sales order number for you machine as it will be covered under warranty
    dont forget to confirm the address, email, telephone as i plan to use the one on the sales order that relates to the machine
    kind regards
    reiss.