This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Digital pi kit

Hi
I’ve just fitted the digital pi kit to my LR, I noticed in the video that the pressure on the display top line was about 7.5 bar.
Mine reads around 11.5 bar, is this ok. What actually is it referring to?

Cheers
Simon

Comments

• hi simon

thanks for posting. the value you are referring to is the pressure measured at the pressure transducer, net of the offset value

the circa 12 bar value you are seeing is a that point showing you the value at which the expansion valve is opening, which is as it should be

start by reducing the offset to -1.0 bar if it is not there already - there are instructions on how to do this at the tail end of the installation video

then reduce the pump delay to perhaps 500mS

then you are good to start pulling shots

very interested to hear from you and all other owners that have installed the digital pre-infusion kit as i think it is like getting a whole new machine in terms of its enhanced ability to make any roast shine

kind regards

reiss.
  • I'm looking forward to finally installing mine tomorrow! Very excited.

Any updates on when the app might be coming. The right side of my machine is completely inaccessible so even with the nipple removal trick I'd find it near impossible to make pressure adjustments.

Thank you
    Christos
  • Hi Reiss

Thanks for getting back to me.

Good too know that circa 12 bar is ok.
    I’ve already set offset to -1.0 bar, & was planning on reducing pump delay a bit. Having been used to old pre digital set up, the delay of pump kicking in felt wrong. Obviously no effect on shot, just felt odd!

At the minute I’m using a medium roast been, so set at 3 bar seems good, I do however have some dark Italian style beers which I’m looking forward to trying at a lower infusion pressure. These have tended in the past to taste just a little of burnt toffee.

Thanks very much

I’ll report back with my findings

Best regards

Simon
  • hi simon

you can dial the pump delay parameter right down if you want to, but be warned that the pump will sound as though it is possessed and you will probably wonder if something is wrong with the machine as the pump turns on and off in staccato fashion

kind regards

reiss.
  • Christos Georgiadis post=15506 wrote: I'm looking forward to finally installing mine tomorrow! Very excited.

Any updates on when the app might be coming. The right side of my machine is completely inaccessible so even with the nipple removal trick I'd find it near impossible to make pressure adjustments.

Thank you
    Christos

hi christos

the factory have recently experienced the passing of the former factory manager, the death of the father of the new factory manager in february, and also the death of the father of the partner of the development manager in february. add to this the demands of nestle and subway who are exponentially more significant customers than londinium, the uncertainty around brexit which results in investment decisions being delayed until the future becomes clearer, and our concerns over the suitability of the commercial partner we have selected to develop the wireless app and you will better appreciate why we have not yet released the wireless app.

be assured the delay is not the result of technical inability

kind regards

reiss.
  • Hi Reid’s

I thought that may be the case, I’ll just go for 500ms as you recommend.

Cheers
    Simon
  • Wow.. gobsmacked. The word unfortunate doesn't even come close.

Good things come to those who wait so no worries whatsoever. I'll carry on enjoying my LR a little longer without the stress of thinking someone will hack into its digital module and uncover my midnight coffee drinking habits :p

Thanks for the rapid response reiss
  • i just checked mine as its been so long since i changed the pump delay and i see it is currently on 100mS and i dont find the behaviour of the pump intrusive at that setting.
  • Hi

Thanks for that, I’ve set mine to 200ms, & seems fine at that.

Regards
    Simon