This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Water tank

Hi,

Is the water tank with the spring etc. dishwasher save? Why shouldn't it be removed too often from the machine? Will there be wear or small leakage which could accumulate? Also what is your standpoint on legionella etc. with the direct line from the water tank to the brewing chamber?

Best
Nico

Comments

• hi nico!

apologies for the delayed response

the answer to your question is because when people remove the tank to fill it they then shortly afterwards are contacting me to ask why the machine is beeping

pull it out and wash it every day if you wish

kind regards

reiss.
  • Hi Reiss,

thank you for your reply. Good to know that there will be no problem. Do you think the water tank can survive the occasional dishwasher? I think I read somewhere that it should be fine, since it is made from nylon. The manual states however that no plastic parts are to be put in the dishwasher if I remember correctly. I am asking this because I am trying to get rid of some black parts at the bottom of the water tank which are hard to reach by hand and not so easily removed with a brush (probably not enough force in the tight corners).

Many thanks!

Best
    Nico
  • throw it in the dishwasher

if it melts ill send you another one

let me know

reiss.
  • Hi Reiss,

it survived the dishwasher (eco mode, 50 °C) and is now clean as new. Thanks a lot for the offer!

Best
    Nico
  • Thank you for the advice to was out the tank... My LR has been beeping and the pressure meter was topping out at . 8bar. After raining out the tank it is not beeping and the meter in back at the desired 1.0bar. Very happy I found your answer in the support page for LR owners. Now I can have my 8th espresso of the day before I go to bed. Whoopee