This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

IMS Baskets

Hi,

I have been looking for the 24 mm IMS filter equivalent to the 26 mm one carried by Londinium, as I use medium dark roasts and usually dose around 16-17 grams.
As far as I can tell it's this one:
https://www.imsfiltri.com/filtri/b70-2tf-h24-e/?lang=en

As it's basically impossible to source from anywhere I was wondering if Londinium would consider selling these alongside maybe the 22 mm version and a suitable IMS The Single?

Cheers

Comments

• Troels Bjerre post=14953 wrote: Hi,

I have been looking for the 24 mm IMS filter equivalent to the 26 mm one carried by Londinium, as I use medium dark roasts and usually dose around 16-17 grams.
    As far as I can tell it's this one:
    https://www.imsfiltri.com/filtri/b70-2tf-h24-e/?lang=en

As it's basically impossible to source from anywhere I was wondering if Londinium would consider selling these alongside maybe the 22 mm version and a suitable IMS The Single?

Cheers

So I wonder why you need to use lower dose when using a medium dark roast?

I use also medium dark roast and use the IMS 26.5 basket with 18.5g and get decent results
  • "medium dark roast" is not a very exact description, so the differences between two packs of beans each named "medium dark roast" by the roasters can be great.

One hue of brown can be considered 'light' by one and 'medium dark' by another. And the exact same color can be had with beans roasted fast, or hot and slow, and not so intensely, with very different results, one bean fully developed and the other tasting much lighter.
  • The issue arises when milk based drinks come into the picture. As we have a number of cups in specific sizes, it's nice to be able to change dose and yield for a specific bean/roast.

For what it's worth I ended up buying VST filters in 15, 18, 20 g sizes to have some flexibility.
  • Hi Troels

i think you did the right thing

we're not trying to be a one stop shop for everything espresso

for example, baskets i would purchase at least 500 units at a time in order to be able to offer them to you are a competitive price so we keep our offering fairly simple

kind regards

reiss.