This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Third Wave Water in a Londinium R?

Hi folks - I just ordered a new Londinium R and am anxiously awaiting its arrival on Tuesday. I currently own a Breville Dual Boiler + a Kafatek Monolith Flat grinder, and can't wait to try the LR.

The water in our town (Boulder, CO) is relatively soft, but recently I've been using distilled water + a new product called Third Wave Water (https://thirdwavewater.com/). Mainly, I wanted to make sure I wasn't getting limescale, and wanted the best flavor possible.

Third Wave (espresso version) contains magnesium sulfate, calcium citrate, and potassium bicarbonate. Is there any concern with using this with the copper boiler in the LR? Thanks!

Comments

• Hi Andrew

The best people to answer that must surely be the water vendors

I can’t imagine for a moment that it will be a problem as most espresso machines have copper boilers, but it’s worth asking the question

Kind regards

Reiss
  • Hi Reiss, I didn't actually realize most boilers were copper (for some reason I thought most were stainless steel), so that's good to know! I pinged Third Wave about it and they said their formula is perfectly safe, so we're good to go.

Plan on setting up the LR this weekend, can't wait!
  • Good.

Be sure to use v1.4 of the user manual and destroy any earlier versions

Kind regards

Reiss