This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Fixed water connection possibilities

Hi,
We will do some renovation work in our kitchen and might end up with the possibility to connect my Londinium R to fixed water. A question I have is, would it be possible to instead of having the connection run through the bottom of the worktop to guide it directly to the back and through a plasterboard wall and then immediately down?
It would safe cupboard space underneath the machine and will make it easy for me to work on the connection with filters and what not from the other side of the wall.
Cheers,
Thijs

Comments

• Certainly. it is more of an issue if you are plumbing out the drip dray - you want some fall on the drain hose so the waste water isn't lying in the pipe.

I also suggest in the strongest terms that you fit a leak detection device.
  • Why would you want to plumb in the L-R? It would be great already to get an in line filter system so any cold water out of the tap will be filtered and perfect to fill up the reservoir of the L-R.

I have a plumbed in L1 and the L-R and since the L-R was launched, this home sized L-R machine is able to make the same shots as the bigger commercial L1 machine does, but that L1 needs the line feed, pressure regulator etcetera.
  • I guess a couple things stand out:
    I love using the hot water tap and my wife is English and she drinks a lot of tea. :-) so need to refill pretty regularly.

I don't like cleaning the trip tray with dirty old coffee water and also I like to be able to rinse the group with decent amount of water so that fills up quicker than I would like.

I think it's just wicked having it built in.

How much height difference is there from the drip tray exit to the worktop with the longer legs?

Yes will put leak detection in.