This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

LR: Mater pre-infusion pressure adjustment.

My LR has a Mater pre-infusion regulator.

1) What pressure is it set at?
2) Is it adjustable like the Ceme pressure switch?

Thank you,
Jim

Comments

• hi jim

the Mater pressure switch is set to 3.5 bar, which results in about 3.0 bar at the puck

you can adjust it, but you will need to carefully pick out the white sealant with a needle or similar

the switch allows the machine to be set in a cool mode if you only ever run dark roasts, which doesnt just lower the brew temperature, but it also results in a reduced volume of brew water entering the space below the piston as the air space below the piston is compressed to a lesser extent as the water is now at a lower pressure. this has the added benefit of protecting darker roasts from over extracting and will be evidenced by the lever arm grabbing higher at around 45 degrees indicating a pre-infusion of around 1.5 bar like a dipper machine; the best of both worlds

it isnt designed to be turned up and down, up and down, evert other day

if you only drink medium and lighter roasts i strongly suggest you do not turn the secondary pressure switch down 'just to see what it is like' as not so good will be the answer, i guarantee it

if you have a medium or darker roast as a one of you can avoid adjusting the Mater pressure switch by pulling the cup once the lever has risen to 45 degrees above horizontal; this prevents darker roasts from being over-extracted

kind regards

reiss