This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Londinium 1 sounds like a pressure cooker releasing steam

Hi recently my Londinium L1 on sometimes when switching on in the morning does not stop at 1.3psi it goes over 2.0 psi and sounds like a pressure cooker releasing the steam. I usually put the steam wand on and the hot water lever on until it reduces down to normal then it seems to be fine. The next moringin it could be fine no issues or it could be over pressure there is no pattern.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Matt

Comments

• hi matthew

the situation you describe is due to the 20A Sirai pressure switch that we originally used starting to stick in the closed position now and then, resulting in the immersion element remaining on and the pressure in the boiler continuing to rise until the safety valve opens to release the excess pressure in the boiler

remedy: replace the pressure switch with the 30A one we now use and if you're going to the trouble of replacing the pressure switch i suggest you replace the safety valve too as they are often reluctant to fully reseat once they have been actuated, and we have re-designed the safety valve for something much nicer too

you will find both of these items in the parts section of our store on this website

if you want to PM me with the original owner i can look up who i sold the machine to originally and get a gauge on its age etc

whilst you have the lid off take a look at the on/off toggle switch for signs of age as we now use an upgraded version of this too, so you might as well order one of those at the same time as it wont make any difference to the delivery charge

kind regards

reiss.