This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

L-R beeping after five months

So i have my L-R since June and up till now couldn't be happier. A few days ago my machine started doing something new: when i flick it on, the Boiler fills, the heater goes on, all good, but shortly after beeping noises start. Pressure drops, sometimes the beeping stops on its own, sometimes it stops when i turn the machine off and on again. Haven't changed anything in my Routine. Am a bit worried though, as the beeping sounds alarming...
(For some reason i can't write in the Owners section anymore, please excuse.)
Any help is gladly appreciated!

Best, Julian

Comments

• Is the water reservoir connecting well, at the bottom? Check the electrodes that you can see under the bottom of the tank and the ones they connect to when the tank is filled. Have you changed your water? If the filter has taken too many minerals out of your water, then the electrodes can't detect that there is water and a safety system beeps and then shuts down the machine to make sure it is not damaged.
  • hi julian

it appears as though perhaps the machine was purchased on a different email address, anyway no matter; i have added owner permissions to your account and moved this post as you can see

the alarm is a low water alarm

the most likely cause for this to sound is if the electrodes in the bottom of the water box are not able to comple an electrical circuit

the two most likely causes of that are (1) the water box is not fully pushed down and seated in the water box carrier, or (2) you have some corrosion on the brass terminals that is sufficient to prevent the completion of an electrical circuit, such that the machine thinks the water box is not present

please confirm that you have the 30mm length of tubing fitted to one of the electrodes in the bottom of the water box

the other possible cause for the water alarm sounding is if the pump is unable to bring the level of the boiler up to the maximum level on the boiler fill sensor within i think 30 seconds from memory. this would typically indicate some kind of obstruction between the pump and the boiler, assuming the pump is receiving water and not being starved

if the pump is receiving water it will be making a solid, deep sound that clearly indicates it is doing work and moving water. if the pump is being starved it will have a very light airy sound and clearly sound like it is just pulling air rather than water

let me know

reiss.
  • reading your post again it is clear that the pump is able to fill the boiler to the maximum level on the level probe otherwise the logic of the Gicar will not allow the immersion element (red light) to come on (and you would have a cold machine)

accordingly i am almost certain that the water box is not seated, or possibly, some corrosion on the terminals on the underside of the water box which a quick scrub with the green 3M Scotchbrite pad under your kitchen sink should be abrasive enough to remove and restore brightness

it might also be due to a change in your water as Frans says

best

reiss.