This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Braided cable to pump leaking

I've made a video, but I don't see how to attach it. Nothing happens when I click the orange button next to Preview that reads Attachments.

Matt

Comments

• You can upload the video to Youtube or Vimeo, and then use the link to that video to display the video in the message.
  • Thank you, Frans. I'll do that.

Matt
  • Here is the video I made of my leaking pump cable

Matt
  • hi matt
    yes, they do wear out
    you can find it here; https://londiniumespresso.com/store/braided-stainless-steel-pressure-hose-pump-to-inlet-solenoid
    it is easy to replace, just use two spanners/wrenches; one to hold the component that the hose is attached to and the second one for the hose fitting. this ensures you are not transferring load to components that are not designed to bear such loads
    i see i haven't got an image for it, and indeed the parts images on my website are miserable, so its high time i busied myself and took some better images of the parts
    another 'to do'
    reiss.
  • Thanks Reiss. I've put the cable and some other stuff in the shopping basket. I'm going away for a couple of weeks, so I'll order them when I get back in order to be able to take delivery.
    Matt
  • Hi Reiss,

I've now ordered a replacement pressure hose. Before installing it, will I need to empty the water tank? Or can I just go ahead without worrying about that? Thanks.

Matt
  • hi matt

i can't remember if the piston pump will hold the pressure of the water tank or not - probably prudent to lift the plastic water tank out of the water tank carrier before you start

kind regards

reiss.
  • Thanks, Reiss. I'll do that.

Matt
  • I see in today's Londinium news that shipment of orders that contain the new distribution tool will be delayed. As my order for a replacement braided cable is included in those, I wonder if you could separate the cable and send it to me separately ASAP. I don't mind waiting for the other items, but I can't use the machine at all until I replace my leaking cable. I'll pay the extra shipping costs. Thanks,
    Matt
  • yes, fair enough matt. ill get yours out on monday.
  • Thanks, Reiss.
  • I installed the new cable today. It was easy to do – once I decided to remove the back panel to improve access. And, of course, the leak is gone. Thanks for your help, Reiss.

Matt
  • thank you for posting the outcome matt. always appreciated.
  • While we’re on the subject of reporting back, I should add that I took the opportunity of having the panels off and my tools out to finally replace the broken panel clasp with the new one you kindly sent me some time ago. The machine is much tighter now, no more rattling when the pump is activated.

Matt