This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

New LR water not flowing through the grouphead

Hi,

First post here, Londinium R arrived this morning, I followed the instructions, initial setup was pretty easy.

I managed to purge the steam wand but when I proceeded to run 450ml of water through the grouphead all I managed to get is around 200ml? Subsequent pulls of the lever did not fill the cup anymore?

I then used the hot water spout and the pump went back on, filling the grouphead with water again., allowing me to pull some more water through the system.

On a side note, the water coming through is yellowish, I'm assuming that just the water filter purging itself?

Comments

• Hi Soud

im not sure you have a problem, but you are most welcome to FaceTime me on [email protected]

the heat exchanger on all our machines is cold fed and restricted - this means if you pull the lever down with no coffee in the portafilter and leave it down that it will run dry - you should never 'open flush' a lever a machine in my view, it just pushes everything out of equilibrium so you have to wait for it to come back to a balanced state

if you want 450mL of water the place to get it is from the hot water port on the machine that is expressly provided for that purpose, rather than the lever group

i expect the yellowish tinge to the water is from the water that has been lying in the machine from the factory, but this would only be for water drawn from the boiler. if the water out of the lever group is discoloured then i suspect your water may be quite soft, either naturally or the result of reverse osmosis

let me know as water can be too soft for espresso machines, which leads to it becoming acidic under pressure and very slowly dissolving the boiler. it is also likely to result in the level probe system becoming unreliable as the electrical resistance of the water is likely to be too high for it to carry an electric current

kind regards

reiss.