This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Where to buy beans

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and just purchased a Londinium R. I live in Atlanta GA and am wondering if anyone could recommend where I should order/mail order beans from?

Apologies if this post is in the wrong location.

Comments

• Hey Colin, congratulation on your new machine :) lately i'm getting my coffee from counter counter its in NC usually one or two days from roasting but they have way too many choices and I'm trying to figure out which one I like the best the other option is from a local roaster near you. No starbucks don't count haha just kidding

Mario
  • I highly recommend Caffe Lusso, http://www.caffelusso.com. Your beans will be roasted and shipped the same day, and sent via USPS priority mail. For making drinks with milk, my favorite blend is Gran Miscela Carmo. Their LionShare is especially good as straight espresso.
  • Awesome, thanks so much! I already ordered.
  • Nice! Which blend did you choose?
  • I started with the two you recommended and I'll try some others next order. My machine has been held up in DHL customs so hopefully it gets here soon!
  • I hope you don't have to wait much longer. Fun times ahead!

I always find the Gran Miscela Carmo to require a coarser grind setting than just about any other coffee. I have had best results at about 15.8 grams, about 6 seconds preinfusion before first drop, 32 grams output in 27 seconds. The LionShare will be similar except the grind setting will be more like what one would usually expect.

The LionShare has noticeably higher caffeine level because of the robusta in the blend. If you overdo it, don't say I didn't warn you!