This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Greasing the ball joints: steam & water toggles

If, after a normal wear in period, your toggles do not have a smooth action you will find that applying some LONDINIUM lube to them will be transformational

This is particularly so for the earlier ball joints that are hardened steel

One of the many little things we have done over the past 12 months is we now manufacture the ball end studs in house and in stainless steel, with a thread that places the toggle handles closer to the ends of the valves so they are more sensitive to a smaller range of movement. Our ball ends have a much smoother finish than the hardened steel ones too, for a smoother action

The good news is that by carefully unscrewing the decorative chrome end cap (be super careful not to scar the chrome) you can easily lube the ball end and reassemble for a vastly improved user experience, regardless of whether yours are hardened or stainless

If the end cap is on tight you will need a second wrench to place over the top of the valve body, where the 'T' forms, to stop the valve body rotating as you unscrew the end cap

I suggest thin pieces of leather under all tools to protect the chrome

Reiss

Comments

• Very good tip Reiss, thank you! Although I don't have plans to sell my LI and 'upgrade' to a current production unit, its nice to know you have the propensity to 'leave no stone unturned'. :)