This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Lightbulb Moment...

Switched the machine on yesterday as normal and when I came back to it an hour later noticed the power bulb wasn't on... Fearing another power cut I switched the machine off and on and the power light briefly came on and then disappeared. I fear the bulb has gone... Does anyone know where to get a replacement?

Comments

• I am sure Reiss can help with a replacement but it sounds that you have a loose wire connection.

Unplug the machine and remove the top cover, check that all od the wires leading to the light are connected securly and then turn on the machine and see if it was resolved.

Kfir.
  • Thanks Kfir, I'll take a look once the machine has cooled!
  • Connections look ok... Any other ideas?
  • Follow the wires to the other end and verify that everything is connected properly and the wire has no tears, cracks etc.
    Verify also that the Gicar controller wires are firmly connected as well.

If you don't find anything consult with Reiss.
  • The controller wires seem ok as the machine still functions...

I pulled the bulb from the holder but everything seems ok.

At the other end the spade connectors look ok as well.

Something must be amiss somewhere I just can't tell where!
  • Mark, have you checked the voltage at the bulb socket/wire? And, if I'm not mistaken, I recall the LI Series II utilizes LED bulbs...not sure if they're line voltage or less (just in case you opt to convert).
  • Hi dan.

I took a closer look to see if I could get a probe on the bulb but it's all covered and would entail stripping stuff off which I am loath to do...
  • hi mark

apologies for the delayed response, and thank you to kfir & dan for posting sound advice

i do appreciate you posting here rather than emailing as it builds up a library of all the issues that could possibly arise with LONDINIUM lever espresso machines, which any L1/2/3 owner can refer to

dan is quite right, if you have a power light on your machine it is a series 2 machine and for the series 2 machines we changed the signal lamps from neon to LED

i think the safest approach is if i send you a replacement bulb in the first instance - we've not had this issue before

would you mind sending me an email just to advise the address you would like it sent to as i still have the address we sent your machine too, but this information may no longer be valid

kind regards

reiss
  • Thanks Reiss, email sent!
  • New lamp fitted and all working... Thanks!