This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Interesting scale & app for coffee people

From Acaia I bought a fun little scale that has an app to help in coffee making. It offers to assist in the timing and weighing of everything during coffee preparation.

I must yet figure out if the app also caters for espresso and not for pourover exclusively.

Has anyone here used one already?

My little scales typically break down every few months, as coffee grinds get in the mechanism, water under the LCD screen and/or steam in the electronics. I hope this one lasts longer.

Comments

• Interesting little gadget but why the App? I get it that having a completely smooth face scale, I have one already.

It has been a long time since I tried it for weighing beans. I'll have to try it again.

Thanks for Posting this Frans.
  • Stephen Sweeney post=3826 wrote: Interesting little gadget but why the App?

The app does a lot more:

[video width=425 height=344 type=youtube]6IjGQ7D5skI
  • I asked them if the app will have an option to track espresso brewing too and *immediately* one of the developers responded to ask if I could send them some specific input for them to work on.
  • Looks like I am going to need some robotic implants for Lever pulling :lol:

This looks like something that BMW might have designed into their automobile interfaces, but still interesting.
  • [video width=425 height=344 type=vimeo]96690855